Swanage Carnival celebrates a triumphant year giving away £29,150 to 20 chosen organisations.
After the longest known break from holding Swanage Carnival in our history, we didn’t know what 2022 would bring, but the sun shone, and the crowds came, making 2022 a year to remember.
Carnival chairperson Maria Foot said “Straight after Carnival 2019 we started looking for new events and coming up with for improvements for 2020, but unknown to us the next two years would be cancelled due to Covid. Our work didn’t stop during this time, as we planned for various scenarios should restrictions lift. In the end it was nearly three years before we would set up on Sandpit Filed again. Thankfully our new bookings held until 2022 and we had a spectacular week and we were overwhelmed by the support from our local community and visitors alike.
For the first time our presentation night was held at The Mowlem Theatre. The stunning venue gave us the chance to showcase what Carnival is all about, which is raising money for charities and good caused that support our community. Our event is run by a team of volunteers who give their time to help raise as much money as possible to cover the costs of Carnival and give the proceeds to the chosen organisations.
Carnival chairperson Maria Foot said “2022 is my last year as Carnival chairperson, a role I have unexpectedly held for 5 years due to Covid. I am proud to have seen the Committee through the last few years and to end with us giving the largest amount ever away at our presentation night is a highlight.”
Swanage Carnival would not continue to run without the help and support from our community and we would like to take this opportunity to thank all the individuals and business who contribute.
Carnival 2023 is Saturday 29th July 2023 to Saturday 5th August 2023.
If you are interested in getting involved with Swanage Carnival as a volunteer or a sponsor, please contact Kevin Langdon – email@example.com
2022 Charities and Good Causes
• 4th Swanage Rainbows: £1,000
• Lewis Manning Hospice Care: £1,000
• St Georges Pre-School: £1,000
• Swanage Community Defibrillator Partnership: £1,000
• Swanage Youth Cricket: £1,000
• Swanage Primary School: £1,000
• Swanage Sea Rowing Club: £1,000
• Swanage Town and Herston Football Club: £1,000
• Friends of Dorset Young Carers: £1,500
• Herston Village Hall: £1,500
• Swanage Area Dementia Friends: £1,500
• Swanage and Wareham Hockey Club: £1,500
• Swanage Linking Lives: £1,500
• Tyler’s Friends: £1,500
• Allsorted: £2,000
• Swanage and St Albans Head Stations: £2,000
• Willdoes: £2,000
• Swanage Stroke Club: £500
• Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance: £1,500
Chair’s nominated charity
• The Stanley Purser Ward at Swanage Hospital: £3,500